- The trigonometric function that is equal to the ratio of the side adjacent to an acute angle (in a right-angled triangle) to the hypotenuse.More example sentences
- If the two angles are the same we get the sines and cosines of double the angle.
- In fact, it corresponds to the graph of a function called the hyperbolic cosine.
- I can remember roughly how to differentiate a standard xy formula but sines, cosines and tangents are a mystery.
More definitions of cosineDefinition of cosine in:
- The US English dictionary