- A part of an organization to which costs may be charged for accounting purposes.More example sentences
- In a way, we too, are a cost center to the university, but our compensation (no bonuses, no revenue or profit sharing) is not directly tied to the university's performance.
- Learning initiatives are typically managed as a cost center, with insufficient budgets, and are rarely linked to business outcomes.
- Financial institutions can benefit by converting what was once thought of as a cost center into marketing opportunities at the heart of their customer's e-commerce activities.
More definitions of cost centreDefinition of cost centre in:
- The US English dictionary