Definition of cost-cutting in English:
The reduction of costs, especially in a business: the company would take a hard look at a new round of cost-cutting [as modifier]: the most extensive cost-cutting exercise in Canadian history
More example sentences
- The danger is not so much the hit to consumers but a new round of corporate caution and cost-cutting.
- It has no plans to suspend the granting of stock options as part of its cost-cutting programme.
- Quality and service should not suffer in any way due to this cost-cutting exercise.
- Example sentences
- Over time, of course, diligent cost-cutters can make city services cheaper to deliver.
- E-mail holds great promise, both as a cost-cutter and a revenue-generator, but it's just one part of an increasingly complex company-customer relationship.
- In 1992, he became chief operating officer and metamorphosed into a tough cost-cutter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan