Definition of cost-cutting in English:
The reduction of costs, especially in a business: the company would take a hard look at a new round of cost-cutting [as modifier]: the most extensive cost-cutting exercise in Canadian history
More example sentences
- The danger is not so much the hit to consumers but a new round of corporate caution and cost-cutting.
- It has no plans to suspend the granting of stock options as part of its cost-cutting programme.
- Quality and service should not suffer in any way due to this cost-cutting exercise.
- Example sentences
- Over time, of course, diligent cost-cutters can make city services cheaper to deliver.
- E-mail holds great promise, both as a cost-cutter and a revenue-generator, but it's just one part of an increasingly complex company-customer relationship.
- In 1992, he became chief operating officer and metamorphosed into a tough cost-cutter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.