- A television or cinema production set in a particular historical period, in which the actors wear costumes typical of that period.More example sentences
- They are reportedly working on a number of scripts for the award-winning actress - including a costume drama, a thriller and a comedy - and she will asked to pick which one she prefers.
- It's robust for a costume drama, the score and sound effects spread throughout the soundstage in surprisingly dynamic fashion.
- Anyone who mistakes this for a costume drama is not aware of what kind of film they have ventured into.
More definitions of costume dramaDefinition of costume drama in:
- The US English dictionary