(also US costumer /-mə/)
- A person or company that makes or supplies theatrical or fancy-dress costumes: a theatrical costumierMore example sentences
- The company had an imaginative director and two budding theatrical costumiers who saved the day.
- ‘We have tried local theatrical costumiers but no one has exactly the right period.’
- A trip to a theatrical costumier's secured the fancy dress, complete with buckled shoes, breeches and elaborate cuffs and ruff.
mid 19th century: French, from costumer 'dress in a costume' (see costume).
More definitions of costumierDefinition of costumier in:
- The US English dictionary