- 1A small bed with high barred sides for a baby or very young child.More example sentences
- The baby was in the cot at the side of the double bed and the 10-year-old was in the same bedroom.
- Always put your baby in her cot when falling asleep at night, so that she can learn to associate it with bedtime.
- Sleeping between five and seven, some have futons for spare beds, cots for babies and can accommodate pets.
- 1.1A plain narrow bed.More example sentences
- He tried to turn over, but the cot was too narrow and he couldn't move.
- She led me upstairs and showed me a narrow room with a long line of narrow cots.
- And hence, what you get here is an entire range of household furniture; from sofa sets to dining tables and cots.
- 1.2North American A camp bed.More example sentences
- All the refugees were asleep except for the patrolling officers with flashlights making rounds around the aisles of sleeping bags and cots.
- They were sleeping on cots and in sleeping bags, and eating out of temporary kitchens.
- She was lying on a canvas army cot, under a cloth canopy.
mid 17th century (originally Anglo-Indian, denoting a light bedstead): from Hindi khāṭ 'bedstead, hammock'.