nounAustralian /NZ • informal
- 1A person who is too ill to leave their bed.More example sentences
- Shot, gassed and riddled with shrapnel, his father comes back from the Great War a cot-case who has to be nursed on the tribal lands by his wife through his fits and moods until he finally succumbs to his injuries at the age of 39.
- He has now been telling Australia and the world that we are an economic cot-case.
- Well you'd better not come here or you'll finish up a cot-case and I'll be a nervous wreck!
- 1.1A person who is incapacitated by alcohol.More example sentences
- There are plenty of highly intelligent individuals who are functional cot-cases.
- 1.2An eccentric or mad person.More example sentences
- It takes a certain kind of nerdy, self-obsessed cot-case to join.