- (In a right-angled triangle) the ratio of the side (other than the hypotenuse) adjacent to a particular acute angle to the side opposite the angle.More example sentences
- If the tangent of an angle is a/b then the cotangent of that angle is b/a.
- The first tabulates logarithms of the sine, cosine, tangent and cotangent functions at 1 intervals and shows how to solve triangles using logarithmic functions.
- I can't tell the difference between radians, tangents, cotangents, secants, etc.
More definitions of cotangentDefinition of cotangent in:
- The US English dictionary