- A shelter for mammals or birds, especially pigeons.More example sentences
- Now the council is looking at introducing pigeon cotes in the town centre, in which the birds will be encouraged to feed and lay eggs, which can then be removed to keep numbers down.
- My neighbour lived on the terrace of his building, in a single room surrounded by cotes for his pigeons.
- Last week Town Council members decided to look into providing one or two pigeon cotes around the town.
Old English (in the sense 'cottage'), of Germanic origin; related to cot2.
More definitions of coteDefinition of cote in:
- The US English dictionary