- A small-leaved shrub of the rose family, cultivated as a hedging plant or for its bright red berries which often remain on the plant throughout the winter.
More example sentences
- Genus Cotoneaster, family Rosaceae
- The holly was a sorry-looking stick planted in the centre of the lawn and the cotoneaster was a small shrub growing against a wall.
- To encourage wildlife they planted cotoneaster to provide winter fruit for birds while the pond attracts both insects and birds.
- In the summer, I had to do some drastic cutting back of all the wall shrubs, and the cotoneaster was untied and allowed to grow away from the wall.
More definitions of cotoneasterDefinition of cotoneaster in:
- The US English dictionary