- The cotton-producing region of the southern US.More example sentences
- A few thousand hectares of Muscadine grapes are grown in the cotton belt in the south eastern United States.
- Two decades of rising prices had encouraged many tidewater planters to sell their slaves to new farmers in the expanding cotton belt of Alabama and Mississippi.
- Long before the ‘Dust Bowl’ conditions of the 1930s caught the nation's attention, he called for diversified farming in the cotton belt and the use of terracing to control erosion.
More definitions of cotton beltDefinition of cotton belt in:
- The US English dictionary