- A short-tailed rat found in grassland and scrub from North America to Guyana.
More example sentences
- Genus Sigmodon, family Muridae: several species
- Additionally, the cotton rat and rice rat are the rodent vectors in the southeastern United States for the Black Creek Canal and Bayou viruses, respectively.
- Some rodents, especially the deer mouse, rice rat, white-footed mouse and cotton rat, may carry hantaviruses.
- I tried not to be envious, but I couldn't help telling him about how I had a cotton rat once and a jaybird for a little while.
More definitions of cotton ratDefinition of cotton rat in:
- The US English dictionary