- An American rabbit which has a speckled brownish coat and a white underside to the tail.
More example sentences
- Genus Sylvilagus, family Leporidae: several species
- Deer, cottontail rabbits, voles (field mice) and pocket gophers are some of the most common species that damage trees in Nebraska.
- Canyons and creeks ran to the river down gullies 200 feet deep and were full of quail, and cottontails and coyotes and jack rabbits.
- A white cottontail rabbit sat on a worn mat on the floor of the cell with her back to the door.
More definitions of cottontailDefinition of cottontail in:
- The US English dictionary