Definition of cougar in English:
1 North American term for puma.
- Their predators include great horned owls, bobcats, cougars, coyotes, and foxes, so wariness is in their blood.
- This was not an African lion but an American mountain lion also known as a cougar or puma, a cat the size of a leopard that was once rare and considered virtually harmless.
- Since the early 1990s, researchers have been applying the technique to spectacled bears, cougars, foxes, pine martens, chimpanzees, gorillas, and many other species.
2 informal An older woman seeking a sexual relationship with a younger man.
- I met a few cougars at the Baron on Main on Friday night.
- I'm much more relaxed if a girl starts the conversation, and usually only cougars will go and hit on guys.
- It would seem that Brad's mom Paula (Sissy Spacek, Carrie) is also quite the cougar.
Definition of cougar in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan