- The SI unit of electric charge, equal to the quantity of electricity conveyed in one second by a current of one ampere.More example sentences
- One faraday of electricity is equal to one mole of electrons, which is equal to 96,487 coulombs of electricity.
- The most dramatic is cloud-to-ground, often seen as forked lightning, which accounts for about 20 per cent of discharges and typically transfers tens of coulombs of negative charge from the cloud.
- The charge of an electron is negative 1.6 times 10 to the negative 19 coulombs.
late 19th century: named after Charles-Augustin de Coulomb (1736–1806), French military engineer.
More definitions of coulombDefinition of coulomb in:
- The US English dictionary