- A noun that can form a plural and, in the singular, can be used with the indefinite article (e.g. books, a book). Contrasted with mass noun.More example sentences
- It's been a long time since I even noticed uses of troop as a count noun meaning ‘soldier’.
- For fear of this, they want to forestall the conversion of certain proper noun trademarks into common count nouns.
- This is borne out by our ways of describing them, using always count nouns rather than mass nouns.
More definitions of count nounDefinition of count noun in:
- The US English dictionary