- Activities designed to prevent or thwart spying by an enemy: the Security Service have responsibility for counter-espionage [as modifier]: a small counter-espionage unitMore example sentences
- The documents concerning these efforts to transfer the SIS's duties out of the FBI reflect Hoover's trepidation toward building a foreign espionage and counter-espionage organization.
- The jobs are mainly in administration, but exceptional recruits could in certain circumstances take part in surveillance, counter-espionage and counter-terrorist operations.
- In this role he had responsibility for compiling intelligence dossiers on its enemies; for planning counter-espionage and for establishing and supervising fascist cells operating in the trade union movement.
More definitions of counter-espionageDefinition of counter-espionage in:
- The US English dictionary