- An argument or set of reasons put forward to oppose an idea or theory developed in another argument: the obvious counterargument to that dire prediction is that the recession has depressed earningsMore example sentences
- Making vaguely related assertions in response to an argument is not a counter-argument.
- To avoid mistake, with equal care he records the counter-arguments.
- In response, apologists have fallen back on four counter-arguments.
More definitions of counterargumentDefinition of counterargument in:
- The US English dictionary