- 1A drilled hole that has a wider section at the top.More example sentences
- In the new design, the holes are formed with a lead-in chamfer to facilitate pushpin insertion and a counterbore formed inside the hole that creates a shoulder to hold the pins in place.
- A counterbore surrounds each rivet receiving opening in the flat bottom surface.
- This is followed by a two-pass drilling operation to produce the counterbore and the bolthole.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Drill a counterbore in (an object): dies are counterbored to prevent material build-upMore example sentences
- The end of the sleeve inside the mount was shortened and counterbored to accommodate the 0.16 NA beam.
- If the wood is thicker than three-fourths of an inch, you can either substitute longer screws or counterbore the interior surface of the door or drawer so that the screw head is recessed into the wood.
- It is an optional tiebar style with mounting holes drilled and counterbored for 1/4 inch SHCS.
More definitions of counterboreDefinition of counterbore in:
- The US English dictionary