noun (plural countermelodies)
- A subordinate melody accompanying a principal one.More example sentences
- Thiboldeaux's liberal application of Mellotron and Rhodes piano contributes greatly to this dynamic, and he often backs his theatrical, swerving vocal melodies with simple keyboard countermelodies.
- Fragile, lonely melodies and countermelodies reminiscent of his ambient works build into a chorus and actually take it somewhere.
- Melodies and countermelodies courtesy of several sprightly instruments cross over each other on ‘Hemipode,’ which also features cooing vocals that only enhance its courteous gait.
More definitions of countermelodyDefinition of countermelody in:
- The US English dictionary