Rotate in opposite directions, especially about the same axis: (as adjective counterrotating) technological advances such as counterrotating balanced shafts
More example sentences
- Since cone and plate are counterrotating, a fluid layer exists within the chamber that does not rotate even during flow.
- It has counterrotating agitators that allow for curd movement at lower agitator speeds.
- For oscillating pectoral fins, a recurring pattern within planar flow fields is the production of paired counterrotating vortices with a central high-velocity fluid jet.
- More example sentences
- The machines are offered in 1-, 2-, 4-, and 6-spindle versions and have counterrotation for the workpiece to reduce bore runout.
- The engines spooled down, because we had to shut them down in flight, to minimize the counterrotation induced by the torque on the rotor head.
- The H-Series bulldozers have a counterrotation usable at any speed.
Definition of counterrotate in:
- The US English dictionary