Definition of counterrotate in English:
Rotate in opposite directions, especially about the same axis: (as adjective counterrotating) technological advances such as counterrotating balanced shafts
More example sentences
- Since cone and plate are counterrotating, a fluid layer exists within the chamber that does not rotate even during flow.
- It has counterrotating agitators that allow for curd movement at lower agitator speeds.
- For oscillating pectoral fins, a recurring pattern within planar flow fields is the production of paired counterrotating vortices with a central high-velocity fluid jet.
- Example sentences
- The machines are offered in 1-, 2-, 4-, and 6-spindle versions and have counterrotation for the workpiece to reduce bore runout.
- The engines spooled down, because we had to shut them down in flight, to minimize the counterrotation induced by the torque on the rotor head.
- The H-Series bulldozers have a counterrotation usable at any speed.
Definition of counterrotate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan