Definition of county council in English:
(In the UK) the elected governing body of an administrative county.
- The town council and the county council need to have a say in the future for this town.
- Just over half of the required funding has been awarded to the county council by the government.
- After all, the county council is elected to make tough decisions on behalf of voters.
- 1county councillor noun
- Example sentences
- And the time is right for that alternative to come to power, according to the Liberal Democrat county councillor.
- Firstly, all these villages have a Conservative district councillor and county councillor.
- A north Cotswolds county councillor is seeking compensation from his own council after his car was damaged when it hit a pothole.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.