Definition of county council in English:
(In the UK) the elected governing body of an administrative county.
- The town council and the county council need to have a say in the future for this town.
- Just over half of the required funding has been awarded to the county council by the government.
- After all, the county council is elected to make tough decisions on behalf of voters.
county councillor noun
- Example sentences
- And the time is right for that alternative to come to power, according to the Liberal Democrat county councillor.
- Firstly, all these villages have a Conservative district councillor and county councillor.
- A north Cotswolds county councillor is seeking compensation from his own council after his car was damaged when it hit a pothole.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan