1(In England and Wales) a judicial court for civil cases.
- It is more that there is a stark difference in my understanding of the powers of the county court and High Court jurisdictions…
- Permission is required from the Court of Appeal for any appeal from that court from a decision of a county court or the High Court which was itself made on appeal.
- Proceedings in England and Wales shall be brought only in a county court.
1.1US A court for civil and criminal cases.
- To the dismay of gay rights advocates, a county court dismissed his suit.
- They could have gone to the county court in Eagle County, Colorado, or the federal court in Denver.
- If agreement can be reached, the contract must be filed with a county court where either of the parties lives.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: county court
Definition of county court in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.