Definition of county court in English:
1(In England and Wales) a judicial court for civil cases.
- It is more that there is a stark difference in my understanding of the powers of the county court and High Court jurisdictions…
- Permission is required from the Court of Appeal for any appeal from that court from a decision of a county court or the High Court which was itself made on appeal.
- Proceedings in England and Wales shall be brought only in a county court.
1.1US A court for civil and criminal cases.
- To the dismay of gay rights advocates, a county court dismissed his suit.
- They could have gone to the county court in Eagle County, Colorado, or the federal court in Denver.
- If agreement can be reached, the contract must be filed with a county court where either of the parties lives.
Definition of county court in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia