noun (plural coups de maître pronunc. same)
- A master stroke.More example sentences
- In a coup de maître of archaeological sleuthing, the scholar has recently located a sort of Rosetta stone for Quadratic C.
- If Democracy in America is Tocqueville's coup d'essai, his coup de maître is L'Ancien Regime et la Revolution.
- Though the songs described above are luscious, the coup de maître is the album's finale. surely one of the great recordings in recent popular music.
More definitions of coup de maîtreDefinition of coup de maître in:
- The US English dictionary