1A shallow glass or glass dish, typically with a stem, in which desserts or champagne are served: serve the jelly in a coupe with whipped cream
More example sentences
- Champagne and other sparkling wines were for long drunk in a flat, saucer-like glass called a coupe, but this has been abandoned in favour of the tall flûte which preserves the wine's mousse.
- The cocktails, nicely, are served in coupes, not martini glasses.
- Classically, the dessert is served in a coupe dish, which is stemmed, and has a wide, deep bowl.
1.1A dessert served in a coupe.
- Laden down with two substantial courses we shared a Gepetto's coupe dessert, which consisted of raspberry and vanilla ice-cream with Amaretto liquor.
- Call it what you like, Peach Melba is an ice-cream coupe.
- As pastry chairwoman at the French Culinary Institute in the city's Soho district, she remains true to her background, referring to her sundaes on the menu as coupes.
Definition of coupe in:
(also coupe /kuːp/)
1A car with a fixed roof, two doors, and a sloping rear.
- The roadster shares the coupe's rear fascia and tail lamps.
- It is sold as either a coupe or sedan style automobile and has been produced, in various models, since the 1950s.
- The need to hide the folding roof means the rear haunches are higher than the coupé's and arguably not as well integrated into the car's shape.
Words that rhyme with coupéNupe, toupée
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.