- A constant representing the strength of the interaction between a particle and a field.More example sentences
- Newton's constant is the coupling constant for the gravitational force, for example.
- For electromagnetism, the coupling constant is called the fine structure constant a and is formed by the electron charge, Planck's constant and the speed of light.
- But its predictions for the coupling constants - the constants that describe the strengths of the strong, weak and electromagnetic interactions - were wrong.
More definitions of coupling constantDefinition of coupling constant in:
- The US English dictionary