- The sport of hunting game animals such as hares with greyhounds using sight rather than scent: [with modifier]: hare coursing [as modifier]: coursing groundsMore example sentences
- Last Thursday's ban on the barbaric sports of hunting and coursing with dogs is a great and long overdue advance for animal welfare.
- The State continues to tolerate the barbaric treatment of timid animals in live hare coursing which was recently outlawed in the North.
- Hare coursing is just the same and as greyhound racing has proved there is a way out of killing the animals.
More definitions of coursingDefinition of coursing in:
- The US English dictionary