1(In England and Wales) a court of law that hears appeals against both civil and criminal judgements from the Crown Courts, High Court, and County Courts.
- As matters stand, we will go to the Court of Appeal and the Court of Appeal might make a Reference.
- The appeals will be heard in the Court of Appeal in London but no date has yet been fixed.
- The case had been referred to the Court of Appeal by the Criminal Cases Review Commission.
1.1 (court of appeals) US A court of law in a federal circuit or state to which appeals are taken.
- Anyone can file a complaint for judicial misconduct with the clerk of the federal court of appeals for the circuit in which a given judge sits.
- Last week, the federal court of appeals for the Sixth Circuit added one more piece to an already confusing puzzle.
- After graduation he went on to a clerkship on the federal court of appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, and there he found vindication.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.