- A tribunal appointed to investigate a matter and decide whether a court martial is warranted.More example sentences
- After a couple of discreet inquiries which seemed to confirm the allegation of faking, the Army instituted a court of inquiry into the action.
- Three witnesses told the courts of inquiry that they came under fire when they arrived at the park.
- Two spectators told the courts of inquiry that the first shots were fired outside the park.
More definitions of court of inquiryDefinition of court of inquiry in:
- The US English dictionary