- A title given to someone, especially the son or daughter of a peer, that has no legal validity: he bore the courtesy title of Count of ChampagneMore example sentences
- The eldest son normally takes as his courtesy title the family viscountcy.
- A baron's wife can use the courtesy title ‘Lady’.
- You see, I have nursed a particular point of irritation with Mr. Manager for some time, as he absolutely refuses to address me by any other courtesy title but ‘Miss.’
More definitions of courtesy titleDefinition of courtesy title in:
- The US English dictionary