Definition of courthouse in English:
1A building in which a judicial court is held.
- Yet clause 206 recognises that the Government is prepared to give those coercive powers to the private sector to transport prisoners between courthouses and prisons.
- We saw him walk into the courthouse with his attorney there, not his wife.
- Further, these firms all need continuous interaction with law firms, which tend to cluster near government buildings such as courthouses.
2US A building containing the administrative offices of a county.
- This past week I walked past the county courthouse every day on my way home from work.
- The navigable scenes were then saved to a CD that is now stored at the county courthouse.
- Of course, such records are ostensibly public and have long been available for perusal at courthouses and other offices.
Words that rhyme with courthousemalthouse • Bauhaus
Definition of courthouse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan