- Chocolate made with extra cocoa butter to give a high gloss, used for covering sweets and cakes: the finest Belgian couverture [count noun]: chocolates made using Swiss and French couverturesMore example sentences
- He rummaged in two cardboard boxes nearby, brought out two bricks of chocolat de couverture, and handed them to me.
- Rochers, square cubes of chocolate, flecked with little crackly-bits then dipped in chocolate couverture are my second favorite chocolates here at the moment.
- You'll also find different chocolate couvertures and pastry making supplies, nut pastes, you name it, they have it.
1930s: French, literally 'covering', from couvrir 'to cover'.
More definitions of couvertureDefinition of couverture in:
- The US English dictionary