- (In Reformation theology) the covenant between God and humanity which was broken by Adam’s sin at the Fall.More example sentences
- He said that Bavinck, like all distinguished Dutch theologians, believed in a covenant of works.
- The sanctions of the covenant of works are revealed in nature, hard-wired into creation itself.
- Keep in mind that the covenant of works was a covenant imposing personal obligation upon Adam.
More definitions of covenant of worksDefinition of covenant of works in:
- The US English dictionary