- Deal with something thoroughly: we thought our legal department had covered all the bases in our terms and conditionsMore example sentences
- As befits Colonial Williamsburg, the present large book about its costume collection covers all bases.
- A book with a tripartite title may be said to cover all bases, and it does just that.
- It seemed to cover all bases although I was surprised that the court case was glossed over so quickly.
More definitions of cover all the basesDefinition of cover all the bases in:
- The US English dictionary