Definition of covey in English:
noun (plural coveys)
1A small flock of birds, especially partridge.
- Instead of holding individual territories, both species form coveys, which are flocks of 4-6 fused family groups.
- In two days, I walked past staunch points into approximately 70 coveys of wild birds.
- In non-breeding seasons, Northern Bobwhites congregate in coveys of up to 20 birds.
1.1A small group of people or things: coveys of actors rushed through the rooms
More example sentences
- At least they were on time; he spotted a covey of white uniforms clustered around the guards, signing in.
- President Reagan's lack of interest in the details might be fine fun for the coveys of arms control quails.
- The working stiff is not a white-collar writer rubbing elbows with a covey of billionaires.
Words that rhyme with coveylovey, lovey-dovey, luvvy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.