- The segment nearest the body in the leg of an arthropod, especially a crustacean.More example sentences
- Each maxillary appendage comprises a basal coxopodite with a ventral endite.
- The right coxopodite is acutely triangular in shape with the basal segment narrow and wholly lateral.
- The proximal articulation of the coxopodite with the body is indistinguishable.
late 19th century: from Latin coxa 'hip' + Greek pous, pod- 'foot' + -ite1.
More definitions of coxopoditeDefinition of coxopodite in:
- The US English dictionary