- 1British A nursery where babies and young children are cared for during the working day.More example sentences
- Most use childminders in the home and only 10% send their children for care in crèches and nurseries.
- The city has more crèches, nurseries and nannies than anywhere else in Britain, according to research based on entries in the British Telecom directory.
- They have swimming pools, cafés with comfy sofas, beauty salons, bars and crèches that look after your children.
- 2North American A representation of the nativity scene.More example sentences
- One school in Pennsylvania, through its Multicultural Committee, set up a three-part display, with a crèche, a menorah, and a Kwanzaa scene.
More definitions of crècheDefinition of crèche in:
- The US English dictionary