2 (also crab tree or crab-apple tree) The small tree that bears the crab apple.
- Genus Malus, family Rosaceae: several species and hybrids, in particular the wild Eurasian crab apple (M. sylvestris)
More example sentences
- The Midland Section commemorated the 10th anniversary by planting a snowdrift crab-apple tree.
- She had only to stand in the orchard, to put her hand on a little crab tree and look up at the apples, to make you feel the goodness of planting.
- Tree peonies, magnolias, pagoda dogwood and flowering crab trees accompany roses.
Definition of crab apple in:
- The US English dictionary