Definition of crabby in English:
adjective (crabbier, crabbiest)
Irritable: a rather crabby old man he was crabby at having his siesta interrupted
More example sentences
- I also feel vaguely crabby and irritable right now, and I'm not sure why.
- One of the things we had to learn to deal with were crabby, irritable, and imperfect clients.
- She was often kind of crabby and irritable overseas when she had to travel with him.
irritable, fractious, fretful, cross, petulant, pettish, crabbed, crotchety, cantankerous, curmudgeonly, disagreeable, miserable, morose, peppery, on edge, edgy, impatient, complaining, querulous;
bitter, moody, in a bad mood, grumpy, huffy, scratchy, out of sorts, out of temper, ill-tempered, bad-tempered, ill-natured, ill-humoured, peevish, sullen, surly, sulky, sour, churlish, touchy, testy, tetchy, snappish, waspish, prickly, crusty, bilious, liverish, dyspeptic, splenetic, choleric
Australian/New Zealand informal snaky
- Example sentences
- It's another one of his riddles, she thought crabbily.
- Somehow it came out sounding exactly right for its wild title, crabbily fluid with sudden lurches.
- Slowly stirring, my aching body crabbily reported the casualties of my latest drinking binge.
- Example sentences
- Their failure is not simply one of crabbiness or rancour; it's a failure of imagination.
- But as a natural actor, Murray betrays the sincerity and sensitivity that's being shielded by the crabbiness.
- Anticipatory exam dread and its accompanying crabbiness seem to have arrived exceptionally early this year.
Words that rhyme with crabbyabbey, cabby, flabby, gabby, grabby, Rabbie, scabby, shabby, tabby, yabby
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan