- North American • informal Open a book and read it; study: they can run with a football or dunk a basketball with little concern whether they ever crack a bookMore example sentences
- Try cracking a book occasionally or move to a country where they make special accommodation for ignorant protesters such as yourself.
- Relax in a hammock, crack a book under a tree, drink iced tea on the front porch.
- There are cheat codes to the universe, as anyone who's cracked a book on differential calculus can tell you.
More definitions of crack a bookDefinition of crack a book in:
- The US English dictionary