North American • informal
- Exceptionally good: a crackerjack eye surgeonMore example sentences
- The two leads give crackerjack performances, their timing, dynamism and interaction almost flawless.
- The corporations always have a battalion of crackerjack lawyers to defend themselves.
- Best of all, Germany's crackerjack Ensemble Modern played the luminous score with extraordinary virtuosity.
nounBack to top
- An exceptionally good person or thing: this turbo diesel ambulance is a crackerjackMore example sentences
- The other five are all potential crackerjacks and it is a contest which is going to answer a lot of questions.
- ‘He ought to have a crackerjack of a speech,’ former President Ford says simply.
- At 5-1 third-favourite, Proudwings represents great each-way value in what promises to be a crackerjack of a race.
More definitions of crackerjackDefinition of crackerjack in:
- The US English dictionary