Definition of cracknel in English:
1A light, crisp, savoury biscuit.
- The boiling and frying technique remained in use in the Middle Ages for making cracknels, which were small, crisp, sweet biscuits.
- Round cracknels were given to festival participants.
- Reginald stared dismally at the biscuit-tin, which now presented an unattractive array of rejected cracknels.
2A brittle sweet made from set melted sugar, typically containing nuts.
- This composition of black tea, pieces of cracknel and aroma lead you to believe you have an exquisite praline in your cup.
- Place a third cracknel and sprinkle the top with icing sugar, then run a little fruit sauce round the edges of the dessert.
- My brothers tended to go for the caramels and cracknels, which pleased me no end.
Definition of cracknel in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan