1A light, crisp, savoury biscuit.
- The boiling and frying technique remained in use in the Middle Ages for making cracknels, which were small, crisp, sweet biscuits.
- Round cracknels were given to festival participants.
- Reginald stared dismally at the biscuit-tin, which now presented an unattractive array of rejected cracknels.
2A brittle sweet made from set melted sugar, typically containing nuts.
- This composition of black tea, pieces of cracknel and aroma lead you to believe you have an exquisite praline in your cup.
- Place a third cracknel and sprinkle the top with icing sugar, then run a little fruit sauce round the edges of the dessert.
- My brothers tended to go for the caramels and cracknels, which pleased me no end.
Definition of cracknel in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.