- An eccentric or foolish person: people who claim famous past identities are usually dismissed as crackpotsMore example sentences
- It's a site dedicated to ‘cranks, crackpots, kooks, and loons on the Web.’
- There George, who appears throughout as himself, interviews a series of crackpots and misfits.
- Interesting to know the science and/or psychology behind the crackpots and their talking pots.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- Eccentric; impractical: his head’s full of crackpot ideasMore example sentences
- Whatever the reason, London needs plenty more crackpot ideas to keep it moving.
- It wasn't me that raised this crackpot idea, was it?
- The reality is that every crackpot idea in the history of science has been defended on this very same basis.
More definitions of crackpotDefinition of crackpot in:
- The US English dictionary