noun (plural craftsmen or craftswomen)
- 1A worker skilled in a particular craft: the tiles are handmade by trained craftsmen • figurative those craftsmen of post-war fictionMore example sentences
- This is often due to the scarcity of skilled builders, craftsmen and gardeners.
- Lower-paid workers include manual laborers, skilled craftsmen, and manufacturing and construction workers.
- Come listen to a master craftsman work his trade as only he can.
- 1.1 [usually as title] (In the UK) a qualified private soldier in the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers: Craftsman BrowneMore example sentences
- It was only in 1964 that the services of craftsman Alex Fairlie were enlisted to start the building of the company's distillery.
- In the course of the walk you will see the spectacular work of the royal craftsmen.
- During the second quarter two Royal craftsmen stepped forward to put things right.