adjective (craggier, craggiest)
1(Of a landscape) having many crags: a craggy coastline
More example sentences
- In a gaunt and craggy landscape the soft, well-rounded Magdalen weeps over her past.
- For some nature lovers, the craggy, volcanic landscape of Iceland is a paradise.
- It has a contrasting landscape ranging from beautiful and mesmerizing beaches to sprawling and craggy mountain ranges.
1.1(Of a cliff or rock face) rough and uneven.
- Thrust together amid the stark, craggy cliffs of the Irish countryside, the three women confront old quarrels.
- The Judean Desert, with it's dramatic, craggy cliffs, offers special opportunities for adventurous hikes, climbing, and rappelling.
- A wave of dizziness swamped her as she stared down on craggy cliffs.
1.2(Of a man’s face) rugged and rough-textured in an attractive way.
- But Catlin - a tall, balding, 67-year-old M.D. with a handsomely craggy face - just frowns when I prod him.
- With his craggy face and a pocketful of smokes, this mysterious new Marlboro Man is none other than: Bob Dole.
- As firelight flickers across his craggy face and sweat runs down his ample forehead, you can bet he's laughing manically.
- Example sentences
- His approach tends towards the craggily massive - he gives the first movement enormous space in which to develop.
- His craggily handsome features and deceptively quiet smartness easily fill any gaps.
- ‘And now it's Tony's turn,’ says Wilson, unable to keep the happy smile off his craggily expressive features.
- Example sentences
- But what Craig lacks in loftiness he makes up for in, as he would put it, cragginess.
- The rolling hills of deciduous forest gave way to cragginess, with bare outcrops, rocky islands, and a boreal forest of spruce.
- One cannot fail to be thrilled by the cragginess and gaunt loftiness of such a reading that is enshrined in the history of recordings.
Words that rhyme with craggyAggie, baggy, draggy, jaggy, Maggie, quaggy, saggy, scraggy, shaggy, slaggy, snaggy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.