adjective (craggier, craggiest)
1(Of a landscape) having many crags: a craggy coastline
More example sentences
- In a gaunt and craggy landscape the soft, well-rounded Magdalen weeps over her past.
- For some nature lovers, the craggy, volcanic landscape of Iceland is a paradise.
- It has a contrasting landscape ranging from beautiful and mesmerizing beaches to sprawling and craggy mountain ranges.
1.1(Of a cliff or rock face) rough and uneven.
- Thrust together amid the stark, craggy cliffs of the Irish countryside, the three women confront old quarrels.
- The Judean Desert, with it's dramatic, craggy cliffs, offers special opportunities for adventurous hikes, climbing, and rappelling.
- A wave of dizziness swamped her as she stared down on craggy cliffs.
1.2(Of a man’s face) rugged and rough-textured in an attractive way.
- But Catlin - a tall, balding, 67-year-old M.D. with a handsomely craggy face - just frowns when I prod him.
- With his craggy face and a pocketful of smokes, this mysterious new Marlboro Man is none other than: Bob Dole.
- As firelight flickers across his craggy face and sweat runs down his ample forehead, you can bet he's laughing manically.
- Example sentences
- His approach tends towards the craggily massive - he gives the first movement enormous space in which to develop.
- His craggily handsome features and deceptively quiet smartness easily fill any gaps.
- ‘And now it's Tony's turn,’ says Wilson, unable to keep the happy smile off his craggily expressive features.
- Example sentences
- But what Craig lacks in loftiness he makes up for in, as he would put it, cragginess.
- The rolling hills of deciduous forest gave way to cragginess, with bare outcrops, rocky islands, and a boreal forest of spruce.
- One cannot fail to be thrilled by the cragginess and gaunt loftiness of such a reading that is enshrined in the history of recordings.
Words that rhyme with craggyAggie, baggy, draggy, jaggy, Maggie, quaggy, saggy, scraggy, shaggy, slaggy, snaggy
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: craggy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.