- 1A metal plate with spikes fixed to a boot for walking on ice or rock climbing.More example sentences
- To scale the 35 metres you need climbing boots, crampons, two ice axes, a helmet, a harness, plus a head for heights.
- We put crampons over our boots, roped up and ascended the ice cliff in single file, using our ice picks to stabilize us at each step.
- In fact, you'd probably need crampons in order to walk.
- 2 archaic term for grappling hook.
Middle English (in sense 2): from Old French, of Germanic origin.
More definitions of cramponDefinition of crampon in:
- The US English dictionary