Definition of cranberry in English:
noun (plural cranberries)
1A small red acid berry used in cooking: [as modifier]: cranberry sauce
More example sentences
- It is likely to apply to cranberries and cranberry sauce as well as juice.
- Flavors include pineapple with strawberries, and citrus with orange, lemon and cranberry.
- I created my own mix by combining a high-fiber cereal, low-sodium soy nuts and dried fruits, such as cranberries or raisins.
2The evergreen dwarf shrub of the heather family which yields the cranberry.
- Genus Vaccinium, family Ericaceae: several species
- Gorse, heather and cranberry cover the open areas and ancient forests of oak, hazel and holly grow higher up.
- Foulshaw boasts a huge variety of plants and animals, including the cranberry, bog rosemary, heath butterfly and bog bush cricket.
- Mounds, called hummocks, are the growing medium though which swamp laurel, Labrador tea, salal and native cranberries grow.
Definition of cranberry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan