- A herbaceous plant which typically has lobed leaves and purple, violet, or pink five-petalled flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Geranium, family Geraniaceae: several species, including the common bluish-purple flowered meadow cranesbill (G. pratense)
- If you lack the time or expertise to plant your own cranesbills, lay a bluestone walk, or install terraces.
- There are millions upon millions of ruby bloody cranesbills.
- He's counted 16 species of the ‘prettier’ wildflowers, including cranesbill, figwort and dog rose.
mid 16th century: so named because of the long spur on the fruit, thought to resemble a crane's beak.
More definitions of cranesbillDefinition of cranesbill in:
- The US English dictionary