- 1Surgical removal of a portion of the skull: exploratory craniotomy disclosed an aneurysmMore example sentences
- For brain aneurysms, a specialised surgical procedure called a craniotomy is carried out to open the head.
- In 1988, the patient underwent craniotomy followed by transphenoidal resection for recurrence.
- Focal tailored resection or awake craniotomy also are options.
- 1.1Surgical perforation of the skull of a dead fetus to ease delivery.More example sentences
- One procedure destroys the fetus by a craniotomy, the other by dismemberment.
More definitions of craniotomyDefinition of craniotomy in:
- The US English dictionary