- 1A game of craps.More example sentences
- God may play dice with the universe, despite Einstein's last hope, but serious gamblers, scorning metaphysical crapshoots and the casino's house edge, prefer no-limit Texas hold'em.
- 1.1 • informal A risky or uncertain matter: skiing here can be a bit of a crapshoot at any timeMore example sentences
- It's all a crapshoot, and no matter what, predictions come out looking forced.
- I've been doing it long enough to know that it's a bit of a crapshoot… you can't take it too seriously.
- The Contemporary World Cinema category is generally a catch-all and a crapshoot.
- More example sentences
- Similarly, some crapshooters claim to have such accurate throwing arms that they can use ‘precision shooting ‘to impact the results, even though the dice must hit the back wall and its array of rubber pyramids.’
- It is an often used ‘secret’ of professional crapshooters, but is relatively easy to accomplish - if you know how.
- This method is being used by many experienced crapshooters to maximize their winnings and minimize the house's edge.
More definitions of crapshootDefinition of crapshoot in:
- The US English dictionary